Alpha Dekaron Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Drop rates Empty Drop rates Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:31 pm

theVOID

theVOID
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Are there any plans to increase the dil drop rate? The drop rate of items I'm ok with. It's much lower that the other pservers, but i can get what I need if I keep at it. The Dil drop rate tho is much too low. I'm lvl 165 and still cant afford wings or sockets. In fact all the dill I gather just pays for pots to farm the maps. It's very frustrating not being able to reinforce what gears I get to survive the maps i'm farming.

2Drop rates Empty Re: Drop rates Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:59 pm

MegumiChan

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Agreed.

3Drop rates Empty Re: Drop rates Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:05 pm

Corrosion

Corrosion
Forum User
Forum User
The dil drop rate is low, but the max sell price of items has changed as of the 9-4-11 update.

•All items sell for 30% of their purchasing value and doesn't cap out at 20,000 anymore.

This means that what used to sell for 20,000 (max) may be higher and worth keeping in your inventory to sell. Deadlands necklaces (I think) sell for around 100-130k each now if I remember seeing correctly. L3 helmets in the tomb used to sell for 40-50k each but I haven't checked their recent prices.

As long as you pick up stuff to fill your inventory to sell back to the shop, you should actually be making money and have enough for skills and wings. Regardless, it will take a little patience.

Edit: Also, which map are you having trouble with? You could post your GMT time zone and ask if anyone will be on at a decent hour to grind with you. Another person could help limit your pot spamming and consumption. You need to also take note that the Blest Weilds in West Morte do not turn white until 178, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to find you may need to have an ample amount of heal to survive there as they are level 180+ monsters (especially if you solo).

While I know it is hard to survive and everyone always needs defense, It would help if you can hold out until the 180s, the shadow tower set is better at +0 than the 160 + 7, so try to throw a few stats into heal and come to a balace. It is hard to argue which is best, however, not knowing your class or if you even have help.

4Drop rates Empty Re: Drop rates Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Oishi

Oishi
Staff
In addition to what corrosion said, if you were power leveled to 165 (or given exp through exp banking) you also have to factor in that you would normally kill monsters and pick up items and dill that way. You can't be power leveled and expect to be on the exact same ground you would be as if you leveled regularly unless the person who helped you level also compensated you for the items and dill you wouldn't have missed out on leveling legitamently.

Personally, I think with the last patch, as long as you pick up your items and sell them, you should have more than enough dill. Also, if you're having dill trouble, I would think the wisest move would be is to save up your coins for backpacks so you can carry more stuff per run.

http://alphadekaron.com

5Drop rates Empty Re: Drop rates Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:54 pm

theVOID

theVOID
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
well I took you advice and gave it a true try. I'm a lvl 165 seg and i decided to go to DeadLands and get some of those necklaces. I figured that if I killed all the mobs and took the dil between Draco and Deadlands I should get a fair amount.

I collected 360,000 dil killing everything in my way between Draco teleport and Deadlands NPC in the top right outpost. I then stayed in Deadlands for 1.5 hours farming in the top right. After 1.5 hours i got an additional 130,000 dil and collected 1 necklace, 2 rings, 2 TB's, 1 xbow and a dagged which i sold for 460,000 dil.

That means in 2 hours grinding i aquired a total of 1,060,000 (dil and drops) and i spent 337,500 in pots. My net was 722,500. So at that rate I should afford my lvlo 102 wings in about 6 hours if I stay in Deadlands.

No need for backpacks. I can easily hold the drops i got in Deadlands.

Well it comes down to whether I wan't to grind that hard to get what I need to advance in the game and gear my char up for pvp. I'm leaning to not. I'll give it a bit more effort before I move on tho.

Thanks for all your input. Much appreciated

6Drop rates Empty Re: Drop rates Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:00 pm

Corrosion

Corrosion
Forum User
Forum User
a tip on segs, considering i used to play one.

try going level 1 whip build. Say around 200-250-300 spirit and put the rest into heal.

You will be able to do plenty damage with curse field\blizard and rise fierce with ample hp and the ability to heal yourself apropriately.

Note: This is more of a support build than pvp build

7Drop rates Empty Re: Drop rates Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:39 pm

Oishi

Oishi
Staff
theVOID wrote:well I took you advice and gave it a true try. I'm a lvl 165 seg and i decided to go to DeadLands and get some of those necklaces. I figured that if I killed all the mobs and took the dil between Draco and Deadlands I should get a fair amount.

I collected 360,000 dil killing everything in my way between Draco teleport and Deadlands NPC in the top right outpost. I then stayed in Deadlands for 1.5 hours farming in the top right. After 1.5 hours i got an additional 130,000 dil and collected 1 necklace, 2 rings, 2 TB's, 1 xbow and a dagged which i sold for 460,000 dil.

That means in 2 hours grinding i aquired a total of 1,060,000 (dil and drops) and i spent 337,500 in pots. My net was 722,500. So at that rate I should afford my lvlo 102 wings in about 6 hours if I stay in Deadlands.

No need for backpacks. I can easily hold the drops i got in Deadlands.

Well it comes down to whether I wan't to grind that hard to get what I need to advance in the game and gear my char up for pvp. I'm leaning to not. I'll give it a bit more effort before I move on tho.

Thanks for all your input. Much appreciated

You can always try west morte too it is only level 160 on this server. The armor there sells for around 35kish but the drop rates are pretty high for the gear. I killed 3 monsters and got 6 items. I know it's not probable to get that everytime, but it's still pretty high.

8Drop rates Empty Re: Drop rates Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:30 pm

theVOID

theVOID
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Well i tried WM and ya, i can get the dil there sellin drops. It will take a while at 35k each but its doable. I got a few seg pieces and reinforced them to +4 (wow - reminds me of 2moons - fail at +2 and +3 alot). But when I went to try a socket in a helm... 2.3m per socket for lvl 160 plain helm. That clinched it for me guys.

This server is def for a select few hardcore players. I don't see it ever getting very popular. The vast majority of ppl come to pservers because the official server is a grind. They are looking for a much easier way to go. Other than the lvl'g, this server is too much like Global (2moons) in difficulty. Mostly do to the cost vs dil drop ratio.

I have a 145 seg on Global and if I were looking for that type of grind I'ld stay there. At least they have all the functioning dg's, earings, mavrics, Expedition, and a multitude of venders where I can buy anything I want.

Best of luck to you tho. I can see you put a lot of work into the server. It's just not for me. Cheers!

9Drop rates Empty Re: Drop rates Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:18 pm

Oishi

Oishi
Staff
Well, the socketing costs are going to be lowered to 10k per slot for any weapon or armor of any type with the next patch which will be this weekend probably. Other than that, I don't see anything that causes major dill issues.

10Drop rates Empty Re: Drop rates Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Venusaur

Venusaur
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
void no 1 is forcing u to stay u came to the server ur complaining already bout it.....its true this server might not be for every 1 but atleast most of us are giving it ago

11Drop rates Empty Re: Drop rates Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:35 pm

Soapy

Soapy
Staff
I really don't know why you're complaing about the dil drop rate of the server. I did one A test run and I got about 400k of dil. If you would continue doing that you'd get enough for your wings. The wings are 3mil I don't think I can make it anymore easier than that.

btw, I really don't need you to be telling us your opinon about that the server isn't going to get popular. You can play global if you like, but we're more updated than they are. So, that's your choice to choose on that. We actaully got stuff working here unlike the other private servers.

The server was opended 3-4 days ago and we already have recived more than 50+ players.

12Drop rates Empty Re: Drop rates Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:15 pm

theVOID

theVOID
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Lol, it never ceases to amaze me how ownership can cloud some peoples objectivity (although they will never admit that). I was not complaining. I am fully aware that it is my choice which pserver i choose to play. I just thought you might benifit from an objective outside opinion as to how the server is received. I was cordual and respectful throughout this entire thread. It is a new server and i'm sure you want it to succede. Thats why I took the time to offer my experience in-game. I took the suggestions that were offered in response and reported my findings.

Once again, as with every pserver I have played (and i have played them all, as well as been a GM on several) Admin only wants to be stroked and told everything is wonderful dispite the glaring shortcomings right infront of them. My bad for thinking that offering my experience on this server would be valuble info for Admin in refining the key aspects of the server.

No need to reply to this post. I won't be back to read it. Take care and good luck. Honestly, I hope you are successful in your endevours. Good luck

P.S. it's not the number of players joining that should be your measure. Many will join. But it's the number that stay once they are here that matters. "/gm playercount" is the true measure.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]